Una casa en 24 horas… no muy lejos

21Jul17

Artículo publicado en India Times.

Bid to build house in 24 hours missed by a whisker

Jul 17, 2017

HIGHLIGHTS
  • A Bengaluru based company tried to build a three-bedroom house in 24 hours.
  • After completing 80% of the work, the company, specializing in rapid construction and building innovation technology, took much more time to complete 20% work.

The team failed to set the record due to last-minute technical glitches and unfavourable weather conditions

The team failed to set the record due to last-minute technical glitches and unfavourable weather conditions
BENGALURU: So near and yet so far. That’s how one can describe the unsuccessful record attempt by a Bengaluru based company to build a three-bedroom house in 24 hours. After completing 80% of the work on Saturday night, the company, specializing in rapid construction and building innovation technology, thought it would create a world record by dawn.

But it was not to be, thanks to some last-minute glitches in fixing the roof of the 2,400sqft house on a plot in T Agrahara, near Stonehill International School in north Bengaluru. “This is not the end of the attempt, there is always a next time,” said a dejected Paddy Menon, chief disruptor, REBEL Disruptive Building Technologies, hailing his 20-member team’s efforts. “We had completed 90% of the house in the record 24 hours, but the remaining 10% took longer than expected. Unfavourable weather conditions too added to our woes.”

Menon had set his eyes on the Limca Book of World Records, but failed to complete the work by 6am on Sunday.
The team had begun work at 6am on Saturday and toiled round the clock to build the three-bedroom house, but failed to meet the 24-hour deadline to set the record as the fastest to complete such a building in India.


No Responses Yet to “Una casa en 24 horas… no muy lejos”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: